Employment status: full-time / 40 hours per week
As a Project Manager, you are in daily contact with our clients and act as the liaison to the internal organization. You oversee the progress and take responsibility for your own (inter)national rental projects onshore and offshore. It involves a wide range of tasks, such as effectively preparing, initiating, coordinating, monitoring, and financially closing rental projects.
With a good cup of coffee, you start your workday and always know the status of the project. You understand the risks, are cost-conscious, and thus in control. You stand firm and are adept at communication. Utilizing tools like Smartsheet, OneNote, and Teams, you maintain oversight within your rental projects. Glancing at your agenda and task list, you prioritize effectively. Some practical examples include:
- Reviewing the logistical timeline with the client;
- Discussing the progress of equipment construction with involved colleagues;
- Proactively maintaining contact with the CAPE Holland crew on board;
– How is the job progressing?
– What challenges are you addressing?
– Coordinating crew changes and (de)mobilization
- Aligning QHSE reports, technical manuals, and flight tickets and visas for crewing;
- Occasionally visiting project locations.
In the morning, you may liaise with Asia, in the afternoon with Europe, and possibly with the US by day’s end. We’re seeking a Project Manager who maximizes the workday, acts as the linchpin, is a team builder, and has a helicopter view. You work closely with our Manager Projects, Manager Operations, Project Support Staff, Project (Lead) Engineers, and your fellow Project Manager(s).
The main duties and responsibilities are:
- Coordinating company-wide tasks falling under the responsibility of the Project Manager;
- Initiating, coordinating, monitoring project objectives (progress), assessing risks, documenting project terms and interim milestones, assembling project teams, conducting interim reviews, evaluation including lessons learned, and (financially) closing projects;
- Drafting a project execution plan and project schedule, including required capacity;
- Working with and ensuring all project data is updated in the ERP system and Microsoft 365 tools, to keep them current and readily available;
- Maintaining contact with the client regarding the projects;
- Initiating and organizing project-specific meetings;
- Creating, monitoring, periodically analyzing/updating the project budget, and monthly billing in collaboration with our Business Controller.
As a Project Manager at CAPE Holland, you’ll undertake a challenging role where no day is the same!
You’ll have the freedom to take your own initiatives with ample room for development and self-improvement.
We offer a competitive salary, holiday pay, travel allowance, and participation in a favourable pension scheme. In a personal conversation, we’d be happy to discuss other pleasant employment conditions.
And let’s not forget… you’ll be joining an enthusiastic and close-knit team. Everyone contributes to the process and is #CAPEABLE in their own way. You’ll receive a warm welcome, making you feel at home quickly. We also look forward to seeing you at team outings and Friday afternoon drinks.
You are capable of working multidisciplinarily and don’t adhere strictly to a 9-to-5 mentality. Given the international nature of the role, you may be contacted outside of office hours occasionally. However, you also have freedom in how you fulfill your duties. Customer and/or site visits may be necessary for your role. You are proactive, and with your hands-on mentality and sense of humor, you ensure things are well organized.
- HBO/WO level of education, Mechanical Engineering/Technical Business Administration or similar, with an affinity for construction engineering and mechanical engineering;
- Knowledge of mechanical equipment, hydraulics, control engineering, and electrical engineering;
- Knowledge of and demonstrable experience in international project management and financial insight, minimum 3-5 years;
- Knowledge of the offshore industry;
- A high level of global awareness and understanding of international relations, and willingness to travel;
- Proficiency in both Dutch and English, both written and spoken.
- Results orientation
- Progress monitoring
- Planning & organization
- Attention to detail
- Drive for achievement
- Customer orientation
If the Project Manager role aligns well with your skills and interests, please fill out the form below. We’d love to get in touch with you.
"*" indicates required fields